Sunday, November 9, 2008

Leaving Cleveland



You've been good to me, Ohio. I have to say I'm sorry to say goodbye. The delicious autumn produce, the cozy supporter housing, and, most of all, the excitement of working towards something amazing with a fabulous group of people--these things are hard to leave.

Our week of glorious Indian summer finally over, Cleveland sent me off with the kind of gray, blustery day that reminds me it is November, and that all good things must come to an end. On to the next adventure...

5 comments:

Toddy said...

Good luck.

huntsmanic said...

recover thee well, sully. your mission was successful, and doubly so, for the way i regularly came here for a hit of vicarious uppers. greenies of a sort. and it worked, is the thing. at the election-night party i went to at a place called triple door, i a) had 14 obamaritas, b) made friends w/ a dude who was AT the funeral of malcolm x (he was a boy at the time, 9 or 10), c) had three juice glass-sized shots of jameson dumped down my throat, d) with laura, befriended a silver-haired lady there by herself who is now my new dentist, and e) left just in time to come upon a massive, unbelievable, delirious whoop-de-doo of a gathering in the streets of our neighborhood. utterly unlike anything, in my meager 33, anyway.

scs said...

and thanks to all those of you who with great concern have been telling me to stop taking pictures while driving on the highway. i promise to think about it.

Monica said...

Are you one of the 200,000 who have sent in their resume?

scs said...

Guilty.